Saturday, October 14, 2006

Using Multimedia (7)

I try to create most of my online material. I direct my students to online resources that will supplement my presentations. In chapter 7 of Ko and Rossen's Teaching Online, A Practical Guide, they mention that if it is already available online, create a link to save time and effort. (and most importantly...ask permission). I did a little bit of researching and found great resources that I could use in my photography and digital imaging courses. The MERLOT - Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching website is a wonderful resource. I had visited this site about a year ago but I didn't see very many resources for my area. I highly suggest a visit to this site to see what others are offering in your discipline. I will need to end this post so I can see what is new. This is a great Best Practices site.
http://www.merlot.org/merlot/materials.htm?keywords=photography&category=2175. I

1 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger Lisa Dawley, Ph.D. said...

Thanks for bringing up this topic, Marilyn. I'm a big believer in integrating existing content to save time. I knew about Merlot but Creative Commons was a new reference for me--thanks Kate. The Research Channel and George Lucas Foundation have some good videos for integration, also.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home